What was your first car?
1991 Used White Toyota Corolla with over 140,000 miles on it. That thing just sipped on gasoline. My Uncle had me earn $800 to buy it then surprised me by giving it to me the summer before my senior year of High School around the time of my birthday. I had to keep my A grades in school in order to keep the car. I think my grades actually got better. Such a generous gift. It also made me appreciate cars. I had to change the oil every week as it had a constant leak. The interior door handles were broken, but usable, and most people rolled the manual window down to let themselves out using the exterior door. Sure did attract the ladies!
What are some of your favorite hobbies?
1. Writing (I’ve been working on a novel since 2010) and am probably about halfway done. I wrote poetry and specialize in haikus (3 lines of 5-7-5 syllables). I also used to write screenplays and scripts for the stage.
3. Exercising (a lot of different stuff including jogging, weightlifting, tennis, kickball, plyometrics, cross-training, hiking,)…I love being outside.
4. Reading (I went from being bored in English classes in high school to picking English-Creative Writing as one of my majors in college).
5. Spending time with family and friends (my extended family is gigantic thanks to my grandparents who raised 18 kids of their own). A lot of my cousins are like siblings to me (and my brother).
6. Adoring my wife.
7. Watching sports (football is my favorite to watch).
8. Music (I like and genuinely appreciate almost all genres of music). My family is musically inclined so it has been something that has been engrained in my life since I was a kid listening to church hymns.
What is the most unusual item in my desk drawer?
A head, scalp and neck massager. It cost under $5 and is amazing.
Who is your Favorite Sports Team or Sport?
A tie between the Lions and the Tigers. I am a die-hard fan of both.
What is a hidden talent that most people don’t know about?
I have the flexibility of a gymnast.
What was your favorite vacation?
Up North to Charlevoix, Michigan where my wife and I got engaged.
How did people describe you in your high school yearbook?
Funny, loyal, and good at sports.
Name an Item on my bucket list.
Visiting Ireland although part of me thinks I won’t want to come back.
What is your Favorite quote?
“The true measure of an individual is how he treats a person who can do him absolutely no good.”